Wednesday, June 11, 2008

SQL Server Management Studio 2005 add-in

I know I put at the top of my post that I'm not very technology savvy, but I thought that this was definitely worth a mention.

I'd like to bring your attention to this SQL Server Management Studio 2005 add-in written by Joseph Cooney (one of those fabulous developers that I am currently working with)

http://jcooney.net/archive/2007/11/26/55358.aspx

After sitting and debugging our production issues at a previous company, working through some of the strangest table names we have ever seen (surely there has to be some limit to the length of a table name, for the love of God!) - Joseph came up with a wonderful "fuzzy search" add-in for SQL Server Management Studio 2005.

Now, you'd think that I'd jump at the opportunity to install this fantastic tool - given that I'm doing a fair bit of data analysis at the moment - but alas, it took me until today to install it! Now, that's a good 7 months after he developed it. Yeah, I'm slow, but I'm worth waiting for ;-P

But, today was a great milestone for me - it's installed, and up and running - and, like the promises he made me - it has made my life sooo much easier. Yes, I should have installed it sooner, I know!!

Thank you Joseph for this wonderful add-in, and thank you for having the patience with me :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that JCooney bloke is a good lad. Shame there aren't more like him!

Marie Walsh said...

OJ - you know you are one of my favourites too :)

Anonymous said...

aww shucks ;)